Lisa Sammons of Cut Bank, Montana keeps a big batch of this pancake batter in the fridge to ease the morning rush. "The golden, fluffy pancakes are great for Sunday brunch," she shares. "And during the week, they get our two kids off to a good start before school."
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk the
- eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight.
- To make pancakes, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot
- griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until
- second side is golden brown. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 319 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.