Overnight Pancakes Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. To make pancakes, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 319 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Pancakes
"No one liked this recipe. I make a mean buttermilk pancake with flavor. This had no flavor at all. I gave the pancakes to thei pigs-they're not fussy, at least they didn't go to waste. I should have known it wouldn't be that good with SIX eggs."
"I loved the ease of these pancakes. It makes the morning go faster to already have the pancake batter made. I used regular milk in place of the buttermilk since I didn't have any on hand. I also replaced the oil with applesauce for health reasons and added some maple flavor to them. They were very good and they made a TON! For our family of 4 children I am estimating that we have enough pancakes for 3 days! Seriously! That's my kind of recipe!"
"I love this recipe! It is perfect for early morning breakfast. It does make a lot but the recipe can be easily halved. Thanks for sharing!"
"Re:Overnight pancakes Cook all pancakes,let cool.Wrap cool pancakes in single serving portions,in plastic wrap,bag,then freeze.When needed place in microwave 1.30 to 2 Min.onimic67"
"Hello, T. DrakeIt's not best to keep food with raw eggs in it over 24 hours in the frig."
"Will the batter keep in the fridge more than one night? I'd be interested in making the recipe but it makes so much.T. Drake"
"These turned out so delicious, my visiting daughter took the recipe home with her - outstanding! Jan G., Tacoma"