- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the next five ingredients. Whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make pancakes, lightly grease griddle and preheat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 30 pancakes.
Reviews for Overnight Pancakes
"No one liked this recipe. I make a mean buttermilk pancake with flavor. This had no flavor at all. I gave the pancakes to thei pigs-they're not fussy, at least they didn't go to waste. I should have known it wouldn't be that good with SIX eggs."
"I loved the ease of these pancakes. It makes the morning go faster to already have the pancake batter made. I used regular milk in place of the buttermilk since I didn't have any on hand. I also replaced the oil with applesauce for health reasons and added some maple flavor to them. They were very good and they made a TON! For our family of 4 children I am estimating that we have enough pancakes for 3 days! Seriously! That's my kind of recipe!"
"I love this recipe! It is perfect for early morning breakfast. It does make a lot but the recipe can be easily halved. Thanks for sharing!"
"Re:Overnight pancakes Cook all pancakes,let cool.Wrap cool pancakes in single serving portions,in plastic wrap,bag,then freeze.When needed place in microwave 1.30 to 2 Min.onimic67"
"Hello, T. DrakeIt's not best to keep food with raw eggs in it over 24 hours in the frig."
"Will the batter keep in the fridge more than one night? I'd be interested in making the recipe but it makes so much.T. Drake"
"These turned out so delicious, my visiting daughter took the recipe home with her - outstanding! Jan G., Tacoma"