Overnight Maple Oatmeal Recipe
I tasted muesli on a trip to Switzerland, and when I came home, I made it my way. Keep things interesting (and avoid the mid-morning munchies) by adding different fruits and nuts every day. —Maddie Kirk, Springfield, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, syrup and vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in yogurt. Top with walnuts and fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 249 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC