Overnight Maple Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, syrup and vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in yogurt. Top with walnuts and fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Maple Oatmeal
Sort By :
This was so easy and wonderful. Easy to take to work. Lots of options for variety with changing up the fruits and nuts. Thanks for the recipe
No, jenn, the oatmeal is not cooked. It sits overnight and soaks up the milk and becomes softer, and it's not a hot cereal, it's eaten cold and requires no cooking at all.
Do you cook the oatmeal?