Overnight Ham and Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer the hash browns, ham, chilies and cheeses. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.