Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata Recipe
Two young boys keep me busy, so I often prepare this casserole the night before for dinner the next day. I'm a happy homemaker who loves to share family-favorite recipes with others.
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC