Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata
Two young boys keep me busy, so I often prepare this casserole the night before for dinner the next day. I'm a happy homemaker who loves to share family-favorite recipes with others.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with
- ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and
- mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove
- from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.