Two young boys keep me busy, so I often prepare this casserole the night before for dinner the next day. I'm a happy homemaker who loves to share family-favorite recipes with others.
- 3 cups soft rye bread cubes, crusts removed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and cheese. Beat eggs, milk, horseradish and mustard; pour over all. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Strata in Country Pork 1996, p91
Reviews for Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review