Overnight Fruit Salad Recipe
I first tasted this rich salad at my wedding reception almost 40 years ago. The ladies who did the cooking wouldn't share the recipe at the time, but I eventually got it. I've made it for many meals...and our daughters copied the recipe when they married.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a double boiler over medium heat, cook and stir eggs, sugar and vinegar until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC