I first tasted this rich salad at my wedding reception almost 40 years ago. The ladies who did the cooking wouldn't share the recipe at the time, but I eventually got it. I've made it for many meals...and our daughters copied the recipe when they married.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a double boiler over medium heat, cook and stir eggs, sugar and vinegar until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Fruit Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p33
Reviews for Overnight Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review