Overnight Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a double boiler over medium heat, cook and stir eggs, sugar and vinegar until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"A GREAT go to recipe!"
"My entire family of 7 and everyone else I have made this for Love it!!! It is always on the menu for get togethers. SO GOOD!!!"
"Since this recipe was first printed, I have made it many times for family events and picnics. I get requested to make it frequently especially by my mother who loves it and makes it too."
"i have made this fruit salad for a few years now and everyone looks forward to it , especially for Easter! We love it, thank you and have a wonderful day!"
"I have made this salad for several years now, always with rave reviews."