- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a double boiler over medium heat, cook and stir eggs, sugar and vinegar until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Fruit Salad
"Amazing, to say the least!!!!"
"What is the purpose of the eggs? I've looked at several other Fruit Salad recipes but this is the first I've seen that called for eggs? Would it ruin the recipe if I omitted them?"
"This is a definite go to salad for company. I had it years ago, and got the recipe and have made it ever since. It is so refreshing."
"We always had this for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was growing up. My grandmother called it 24 hour salad. Yummy thanks for posting."
"My mom always made this. She put coconut in it. She did not put vinegar, eggs or sugar in it. She added bananas right before serving so they would not turn brown."