Overnight French Toast with Praline Syrup Recipe
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 to 30 slices French bread , cut into 3/4 inch slices
- PRALINE SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Mix in cream, sugar, rum extract if desired, vanilla and nutmeg. Place the bread in a single layer in two well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Pour the egg mixture over bread in each pan. Turn bread over to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, bring brown sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add pecans and butter; simmer 2 minutes longer. Serve with the French toast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Overnight French Toast with Praline Syrup(4)
Sort By :
Love this recipe and it is now the only way French Toast is made in my home! For our little one after the french toast is cooked I cut it into finger lengths and it is firm enough that he can hold it and eat it. LOVE this recipe!
This is simply wonderful. Served this to Holiday guests for brunch and had glowing reviews. I will never by syrup in the store ever again. The next time I made this I cut the recipe in half just for us and it worked out fine. The syrup I make every week.
I made this the other day to test out the recipe. All I can say is "YUM". Fantastic. The rum extract was a hit for me. I am making this for my house guests this Sunday. A real winner. This is in our house to stay!
I have made this several times for myself