Overnight Floret Salad Recipe
Bacon and sunflower kernels lend extra crunch to this colorful combination of onions, cauliflower and broccoli. With its slightly sweet dressing, this salad's a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. -Elizabeth Wenzl Eugene, Oregon
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets (6 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small florets (4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, onions, sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in the sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 207 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC