Overnight Floret Salad Recipe
Bacon and sunflower kernels lend extra crunch to this colorful combination of onions, cauliflower and broccoli. With its slightly sweet dressing, this salad's a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. -Elizabeth Wenzl Eugene, Oregon
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets (6 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small florets (4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, onions, sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in the sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 207 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Floret Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC