When I know I'm going to have company for breakfast, this is the dish I serve. Because you prepare it the night before, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you're free to make the juice and toast.
Featured In: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll or Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Egg Casserole in Country December/January 1993, p49
Reviews for Overnight Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review