When I know I'm going to have company for breakfast, this is the dish I serve. Because you prepare it the night before, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you're free to make the juice and toast.
Featured In: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll or Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Egg Casserole in Country December/January 1993, p49
Reviews for Overnight Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2013
"easy casserole to prepare. Adaptable with various meats and cheeses"