I had a baby shower brunch for my niece many years ago and these waffles were a hit. I ran into a friend recently and she said she still remembers my waffles. —Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups 2% warm milk, (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Fresh strawberries and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk and butter; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight.
- Add eggs and baking soda; mix well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve warm with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 20 waffles.
Originally published as Overnight Crisp Yeast Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p188
Reviews for Overnight Crisp Yeast Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review