- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter, divided
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a very soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan or 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Shape into a ring; pinch ends together to seal. (Filling may leak slightly during baking; be sure to use a rimmed baking pan.)
- Using kitchen scissors, start at outside edge and cut two-thirds of the way through the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate sections slightly and twist to show filling. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg and water until blended; brush over wreaths. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla. Spread over wreaths. Yield: 2 wreaths (12 slices each).
Reviews for Overnight Cinnamon Wreaths
Sort By :
"Very simple to make, especially with the over night dough. My fiance and I both loved them. Brought the second "wreath" to work where my co-workers and boss complimented both the beauty of it and the deliciousness as well! Just wish I could get it to look as pretty as the picture."
"This so pretty to serve Christmas morning. I like adding green and red cherries on top when frosting."