- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a very soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Turn dough onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll one portion into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; spread over warm rolls. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
Great for entertaining because all the messy work was done the day before.
A Very good cinnamon roll recipe. I made mine larger and cooked them longer. Great way to start the morning especially when you have guests. Nothing like the smell of bread and cinnamon baking!
These cinnamon rolls taste amazing and they are so easy to make! I added pecans and caramel pieces to my second batch, in addition to the cinnamon filling - gooey and delicious!
Delicious. Easy dough to put together the night before. My family loved these!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Bread Recipes >