- edges; sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan,
- cut side down. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, mix
- confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; spread over warm rolls.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Dark Chocolate Filling: Finely grate one 4-oz. bittersweet chocolate baking bar; gently stir in 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. baking cocoa and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over butter in place of brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Orange-Spice Filling: Mix 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. grated orange peel, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground ginger and 1/2 tsp. each ground cardamom, ground cloves and ground allspice until blended. Sprinkle over butter in place of brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 278 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.