Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad
When planning a luncheon, I like to use recipes that can be prepared the night before. The tropical taste in this make-ahead salad appeals to the ladies...as well as the men!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery and water chestnuts.
- Combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice and curry powder. Pour
- over chicken mixture; toss lightly until coated. Cover and chill 8
- hours or overnight. Stir in almonds just before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 437 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.