Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad Recipe
When planning a luncheon, I like to use recipes that can be prepared the night before. The tropical taste in this make-ahead salad appeals to the ladies...as well as the men!
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery and water chestnuts. Combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice and curry powder. Pour over chicken mixture; toss lightly until coated. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Stir in almonds just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Overnight Chicken Fruit Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review