- Place two strips side by side; twist together. Shape into a ring and
- pinch ends together. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining strips. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle,
- make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each Danish. Fill
- each with about 1 tablespoon pie filling. Bake 14-16 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla,
- salt and enough cream to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over
- Danish. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 danish equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.