Overnight Cherry-Almond Oatmeal
Would you like breakfast ready for you when the sun comes up? If so, try my hot cereal. It's so simple...just place the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn it on before you go to bed. In the morning, enjoy a healthy, warm and filling dish.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine all
- ingredients. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until milk is
- absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 276 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.