- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional almond milk, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until oats are tender, 7-8 hours.
- Stir before serving. If desired, serve with additional milk. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Cherry-Almond Oatmeal
"My sister and I have made this numerous times. Tweaking it as we go. We actually don''t add any sugar (ia little can always be added upon serving if you want). We have tried many different dried fruits and raisins. Leftovers reheat well in small portions as needed. Very tasty and easy. If only cooked for 7 hours the tendency to scorch is minimised. Last one to bed turns it on and the early riser puls the plug."
"This is very tasty and really filling but I did have a few issues. I tried the recipe about 6 times tweaking it a bit each time. Most importantly, I found that cooking it during the day then re-heating it in the morning works best. It really needs periodic stirring to keep from sticking and scorching. I use 5 cups of almond milk and a bit more cinnamon and brown sugar. I have also used 1/2 dried cherries and 1/2 dried cranberries. One of my favorites now that I've perfected it."
"Big hit with my family. Even I enjoyed (I don't usually care for oatmeal). Will make again!"
"I am not generally a fan of steel cut oatmeal but using almond milk caught my eye. I used blueberries instead of cherries. It was much better than I expected and very filling. Will definitely make again this winter"