- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 slices bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with six slices of bread. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread. Place remaining bread on top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Caramel French Toast
Sort By :
"So yummy if you like custardy french toast! Would be wonderful with some chopped pecans sprinkled in the pan before adding the bread."
"I use French bread n cook it a little longer so not mushy"
"Delicious old favourite."
"It had good flavor but an overall mushy texture. I'd probably use the spices and caramel sauce but put the bread on a griddle."
"The first time I made this recipe, I followed the recipe, and used texas toast, everyone loved it, I made it again recently, and thought I would try some of the advice that was written by the reviews to reduce the eggs and milk, it made it too dry, will go back to using all the eggs and milk. Family likes this recipe and it is so easy"