Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
"This cake, made with our own berries, stars at 'welcome to Washington' breakfasts I serve summer company," relates Marion Platt of Sequim, Washington.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg and 1/2 cup sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in butter. Fold in berries.
- 2. Pour into greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC