Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg and 1/2 cup sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in butter. Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake(3)
Sort By :
Nice flavor - and nice that I can prepare the night before and just bake it in the moring.
My family can't get enough of this cake. It is so nice to make it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. It is a special treat for us, and we look forward to eating it many times throughout the year. I use lowfat buttermilk, but that' s a personal preference. Make this, you won't be dissapointed.
I've been making this for months and my whole gang LOVES it...easy to whip up at night and it makes the whole house smell heavenly in the morning.....i don't use the 2 TBS sugar on top though....I just sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon sugar (and sometimes a handful of sliced almonds)....I've also used frozen berries with excellent results....quick, easy, delicious - my favorite kind of recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Coffee Cake >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >