Overnight Berry-Crunch Coffee Cake Recipe
I had some extra blueberries and raspberries after a company dinner, and I was looking for a recipe to use them up. I made some alterations to a coffee cake recipe and came up with this delicious overnight bake. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Spoon half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the pecans and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture over batter; layer with berries. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Berry-Crunch Coffee Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p222
Reviews for Overnight Berry-Crunch Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Coffee Cake >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >