Overnight Baked Oatmeal Recipe
My husband and I spent a long weekend at a bed-and-breakfast not far from our home. The owners shared this delicious recipe with me, which I've made my own after a couple of simple changes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oats, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and salt. Stir in blueberries and cherries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and stir; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1/2 cup equals 290 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC