- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oats, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and salt. Stir in blueberries and cherries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and stir; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Baked Oatmeal
"Great!!! I eliminated the brown sugar, replaced it with unsweetened applesauce, used cashew milk and reduced it to 2 cups (to accommodate the extra moisture in the applesauce), added 1/4 cup of chia seeds, and added sliced apples drizzled with honey on top!!! SO GOOD, what a great idea, especially to make and keep in the fridge for a few extra days of breakfast."
"So easy to prepare and delicious!"
"I'm usually a cereal kind of girl every morning but I've been trying to break that. This was a great change! I did use dried cranberries in place of the dried blueberries."
"Fell in love with baked oatmeal! Why have I never had this before... it has a creamy custardy flavor while the top gets crunchy and sweet. This is the perfect baked oatmeal recipe for a scrumptious breakfast - perfect for holidays to share with guests and family. Prepare the night before, pull out and bake... presto! Easy and lovely breakfast in the morning."