My husband and I spent a long weekend at a bed-and-breakfast not far from our home. The owners shared this delicious recipe with me, which I've made my own after a couple of simple changes.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oats, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and salt. Stir in blueberries and cherries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and stir; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Baked Oatmeal in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p30
Reviews for Overnight Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review