Overnight Baked Eggs Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 9 large eggs
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll and press pizza dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in baking pan that's been sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in garlic powder, rosemary and seasonings. Stir pizza sauce into mushrooms; spread mushroom mixture over crust.
- 3. In a large skillet with high sides, bring vinegar and 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip eggs into water.
- 4. Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs; place over mushrooms in baking pan. Sprinkle goat cheese and remaining mozzarella over eggs and mushrooms. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 5. Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle onions over top. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 10-15 minutes. Top with basil just before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Baked Eggs Bruschetta
"This was okay but I feel like frying the eggs would have been just as good. I don't like mushrooms so I used diced onions which I liked better. I felt like this needed more flavor in some way.. but I did love the fried onions on top!"