I like to take advantage of time with family and guests when I'm preparing a meal. Because most overnight brunch recipes are so similar, I came up with a breakfast bruschetta.—Judi Berman-Yamada, Portland, Oregon
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 9 eggs
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll and press pizza dough onto bottom of pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in seasonings. Remove 1 cup mushrooms; sprinkle over crust. Stir pizza sauce into remaining mushrooms in pan.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water and place over mushrooms.
- Spoon pizza sauce mixture around eggs. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle onions over bruschetta. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Top with basil just before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Baked Eggs Bruschetta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p33
Reviews for Overnight Baked Eggs Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review