This delicious dish is the ultimate comfort food. A blend of five cheeses, it makes a beautiful entree or a special side. I served it at our Thanksgiving dinner, and it received rave reviews. —Connie L McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 ounces Muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup each shredded mild cheddar, sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Muenster, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in the cream, eggs, process cheese, seasoned salt, pepper and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Drain pasta; add to the cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture and dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Over-the-Top Mac 'n' Cheese in Country Woman March/April 2007, p29
Reviews for Over-the-Top Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review