Over-the-Top Cherry Jam
We live in Door County, an area known for its wonderful tart cherries. This beautiful sweet jam makes lovely gifts.Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh tart cherries, pitted
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4-3/4 cups sugar
- In a food processor, cover and process cherries in batches until
- finely chopped. Transfer to a Dutch oven; stir in pectin and butter.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.