Oven Stew and Biscuits Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Sesame seeds
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef in batches; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in batches in oil over medium heat. Return all to the pan; stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, soy sauce and molasses.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Stir in the green pepper. Cover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- 3. Uncover; top with biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 15-18 minutes more or until the biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 387 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Oven Stew and Biscuits
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.