- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Sesame seeds
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef in batches; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, soy sauce and molasses.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Stir in the green pepper. Cover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Uncover; top with biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 15-18 minutes more or until the biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Oven Stew and Biscuits in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Oven Stew and Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review