- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in milk powder, 2 tablespoons flour, half of soup mix, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Gradually add water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside. In a bowl, combine remaining flour and soup mix with sour cream; stir until blended. Add the spaghetti.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon beef mixture into shell. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now