Oven Sour Cream Omelet
Prepared with flavorful ham and sour cream, this egg mixture bakes up to a fluffy finish. “The recipe was handed down to me from my grandmother, who got it from my great-grandmother,” shares Jennifer Holub of Clarendon Hills, Illinois. TIP: “After baking, slide the omelet onto a warm plate and serve it plain or with applesauce,” Jennifer recommends.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light
- and fluffy. Beat in 1/2 cup sour cream and pepper. In another bowl,
- beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold
- in ham.
- In a deep ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt the butter. Add egg mixture.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until
- bottom is set (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 6-8
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges. Serve with remaining sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 346 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 395 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.