Oven Sour Cream Omelet Recipe
Prepared with flavorful ham and sour cream, this egg mixture bakes up to a fluffy finish. “The recipe was handed down to me from my grandmother, who got it from my great-grandmother,” shares Jennifer Holub of Clarendon Hills, Illinois. TIP: “After baking, slide the omelet onto a warm plate and serve it plain or with applesauce,” Jennifer recommends.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in 1/2 cup sour cream and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in ham.
- In a deep ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt the butter. Add egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until bottom is set (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 6-8 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Serve with remaining sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven Sour Cream Omelet in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven Sour Cream Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
I've made this several times. It is really simple and easy to adjust. I used up leftover grilled vegetables in it the first time.