Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley Recipe
I was thrilled to find this recipe because it's another great way to prepare all the squash I seem to acquire!—Marilee Koehn, Burns, Kansas
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red and/or green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with garlic. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC