- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss carrots with oil. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over carrots and toss to coat.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Oven-Roasted Spiced Carrots
"We really liked these. The carrots were not crunchy at all, and the taste was very good."
"I was disappointed. I don't like crunchy carrots and the spices were not that great. Sorry."
"My whole family loves this. Even the picky one gets excited when I make it."
"After making these carrots a couple of times, 2 of my grown kids requested it for a subsequent dinner. And one of these kids don't consider carrots a favorite veggie! The time and temperature listed in the recipe are right on and I don't mess with that which was written--especially after I tried a different temperature and time to accommodate an entree in order to cook in the same oven and the carrots were less good. If temperatures of entree and carrots differ, I use my second oven. The spice amounts seem correct as well and the carrots are tender but not mushy. Some carmelization will occur during roasting but that's ok. A keeper for years to come!"
"I like the addition of all the spices! It was a refreshing change of pace. I thought I would have to cook them longer, but it was right on target with the recipe. Our kids are plain eaters and weren't huge fans, but my husband and I thought the carrots were delicious."
"These roasted carrots have a wonderful flavor. I will definitely make these again!"
"Unlike the other readers, I didn't care for this at all. Way too many spices. I like the idea of roasting them, but due to all the spices, I couldn't taste any carrot at all. Will make again with alot less spices."
"These carrots are delicious and so easy to make. I'll be making them again for sure! I didn't make any changes to the recipe."
"I make roasted carrots all the time and love them, but these spices are a wonderful addition!"