Oven-Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 cups cubed peeled parsnips
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rutabaga, parsnips, squash and onions. Add the oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with herbs; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 168 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.