Oven-Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the carrots, onions and garlic in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper; gently toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes; stir again. Bake 10 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 101 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Oven-Roasted Carrots
"A really tasty and easy way to make carrots. I read the reviews first so smashed the garlic. Delicious!"
"I love this recipe. I smashed the garlic slightly to release more flavours and used regular carrots cut into sticks."
"Really great flavor. I made these with a beef roast and everyone loved them. I did add a little bit of fresh basil. Looking forward to making these again."
"This was a nice change up from my standard butterscotch carrots. My typical carrots call for butter, sugar, and babysitting. None of the three were involved with this. I enjoyed this healthy and easy side dish!"
"Good and very easy. Made these for Easter dinner."
"These are delicious and so easy!"
"Loved this recipe.... a different twist on carrots! Would make it again!"