Oven-Roasted Carrots Recipe
My seven children and 15 grandchildren really look forward to carrots when they're prepared this flavorful way. As a cook at our local school, I served two generations of my brood, plus relatives and friends from all over our area.
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the carrots, onions and garlic in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper; gently toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes; stir again. Bake 10 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Oven-Roasted Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC