Oven Rice Supreme Recipe
My family was never fond of rice, until I found this recipe. They call it a winner, and it’s so easy to make.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 210 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC