- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oven Porcupines
Sort By :
"I added a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs because while mixing the meat I felt that it needed something to hold the meat together."
"These remind me of my classes in Home Economics and the recipe is nearly the same"
"I needed to cook the rice to make this work, but everyone liked it-"
"Hmmmm...,not so good. The sauce is way to runny. No matter how much longer I cooked the meatballs the rice did not soften. It was easy to prepare but also could use quite alot more seasoning.KnRNebraska"