I've always remembered these from my school days...so I searched until I found the recipe that was just like I remembered. This is it!—Shelly Ryun, Malvern, Iowa
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven Porcupines in Country Ground Beef 1993, p47
Reviews for Oven Porcupines
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review