- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oven Porcupines in Country Ground Beef 1993, p47
Reviews for Oven Porcupines
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"I added a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs because while mixing the meat I felt that it needed something to hold the meat together."
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
"These remind me of my classes in Home Economics and the recipe is nearly the same"