Oven Parmesan Chips
My husband and I avoid fried foods, but potatoes are part of our menu almost every day. These delectable sliced potatoes get nice and crispy and give our meals a likable lift. Mary Lou Kelly, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices; place on a greased baking sheet in
- a single layer. Combine the butter, onion, salt, pepper and paprika;
- brush on one side of potatoes, then turn and brush other side.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender and golden. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.