Oven Jambalya Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until the rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 344 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Oven Jambalya
"Definitely need more cook time for the rice. After I added the sausage and shrimp I cooked it an additional 45 minutes and it still wasn't 100& cooked. I will add a tiny bit more water and make it 50 minutes more. It would also be good with added chicken. Tastes just like any Jambalaya I have ever had and this was super easy to put together!"
"Oh we LOVE this dish!!! When I was making it I thought "cream of onion soup?" well, I've gotta tell you we absolutely loved it! Just enough heat, next time I will add some chicken to it too. SOOO easy to make which is the kind of recipe I need 'cause I don't like to cook. You wll need some time though to make it, preparing it is a breeze, but it's 2 sets of 40min intervals of baking. It is great as leftovers...."
"Loved the flavor combination. Rice cooking time was much longer than stated in the recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.