If you're looking for an easy but delicious version of jambalaya, this is it.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in sausage and shrimp. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until the rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Oven Jambalya in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p114
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oven Jambalya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review