Oven-Fried Sesame Chicken Wings
"These buttery wings, made with a bread crumb and sesame seed coating, 'fry' easily in the oven. I made a batch to serve at my sister's wedding. They're delicious hot or cold." —Patrice Ehrlich, Merced, California
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 15 whole chicken wings
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In
- a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, sesame
- seeds, paprika and salt. Place cream in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken
- wings in cream, then place in the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add chicken, turning
- to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until
- juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.