Oven-Fried Ranch Steak
I've made this recipe with chicken instead of beef, and the results were equally good. The combination of ranch salad dressing and cajun seasoning also is great as a dip for fresh veggies.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and
- seasoning; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. In a
- shallow plate, combine the cornmeal, bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- Coat both sides of beef in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.