I've made this recipe with chicken instead of beef, and the results were equally good. The combination of ranch salad dressing and cajun seasoning also is great as a dip for fresh veggies.
Recommended: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and seasoning; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow plate, combine the cornmeal, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Coat both sides of beef in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Fried Ranch Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p123
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Oven-Fried Ranch Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review